Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Perfect Locavore Saturday


Ottawa has it all. Perfect running paths , bustling markets, peaceful parks, mosquitos that will eat you alive and hints of hope when you least expect it. 
Mornin' Geese


It starts with a 10km run along the canal. 



 




Then its off to the Westboro Farmers Market to pick up some  delicious local fare. 

 I never want to go to the grocery store again. 




Time to slow down at the park; soak up the sun, snack on fresh cherry tomatoes and settle into Atwood’s stimulating and stirring world. PS- Margaret Atwood is from Ottawa;) 

Then I'm off to the country for a good old fashion BBQ. When the sun goes down the mosquitoes come out. The 613 eater has become the eaten. Can I really be mad? They are eating locally.
Corner of Florence and Kent (or Lyon)
1 hour and several itchy spots later I'm back to the city for a quick glass of wine with friends and a sign of hope to guide me home.    

1 comment: