Saturday, September 1, 2012

Eat - like a boss.


I can not believe the month is over. What a journey. On August 1st I didn't even have honey for my morning coffee and ended the day ravenously hungry, eating raw corn during my frisbee game. The 31st- I ate like a boss.  

Breakfast
Honey French Toast
2 slices of bread 
1 tbsp honey
1 large egg
1 tbsp milk cochrans dairy
1 tps butter
I used spelt bread from Bread and Sons they use local flour, dairy etc in all their baking. It's my favorite bakery in the city!  
The night before put the bread out on the counter and drizzle the honey on it. Leave it out over night so the bread gets a little stale.
In the morning mix the milk and egg. With the frying pan on medium heat melt the butter then dip the bread in the egg mixture and cook it up!

My morning coffee was also extra special. The beans were grown and roasted in a village in Uganda. My friend just got back from visiting the village and she brought me the coffee as gift. Mmmm it’s a bold, dark, full flavoured coffee. Tastes perfect with the soft sweetness of some added honey.

Lunch
Some of these leftovers:)  Wild boar sausages, BBQ potatoes and crispy sweet organic corn from Waratah Downs

Dinner A French Canadian classic Poutine!

Fries
5 potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
1 tbsp sunflower oil

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat potatoes with the oil and place them out on a baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes. I used a standard cookie sheet-I do not recommend this. At least half the potatoes burnt the tray. Try lining it with tin foil or use a glass dish instead.

 

Gravy
2 small onions, finely chopped
1 tbsp sunflower oil
2 tbsp flour
1 cup water, I used water that I had boiled corn in.
1 cup red wine
salt

Fry the onions in the oil for 10 minutes until they are tender and lightly browned. Add the flour and stir over the heat for three to four minutes, until nut-brown in colour - the mixture will be very dry. Stir in the water and wine, then let it simmer over a moderate heat until the sauce has thickened.
 Put it all together with some – no lots- of curds from St. Albert cheese

Oh and some September 1 @ 2:00 am gummy bears. 





This is not the end, this is the beginning of something else. 
Stay tuned.

1 comment: